peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, November 27, 2015

Holiday Perception

Artsy is as craftsy does and now that Thanksgiving is in the rear view mirror it seemed to me that a combination of an old pine cone wreath, a burlap ribbon and a bit of found Mexican tin ware could be combined to make an initial impact on the approach of the next holiday that is rapidly heaving, dare I say heaving?, into view.  The term “artsy craftsy” has become a pejorative but like anything else, it’s all in one’s own perception (and taste).  One man’s pumpkin pie (yum) is another man’s baccala (ugh).  I think I can live with this for a month.
---------------------------------------
Update 12/9/15:  Perhaps a change for the better?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

Old re-purposed components do not always translate to shabby chic. Your description seems accurate based on the picture but I would not enter this in the local holiday decor competition unless it looks better in person. Fa la la...

11:28 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I'm afraid shabby has totally subverted any sort of chic I might have once fostered.

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

I think everything improves when you add in an adorable bear. Good rescue!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home