peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, October 16, 2015

4 Chimneys

I recently commissioned a painting from local (Ft. Lauderdale, FL) artist Richard Ferrugio with only one stipulation, that it should somehow be reminiscent of San Francisco in some shape or form.  And this is the result.  It is 30”x24”, oil on canvas,  Mr. Ferrugio’s intuition is spot on and the painting, titled “4 Chimneys” satisfies all of my requirements, both stated and not.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

This is a really fine vision of San Francisco with a unique and interesting perspective that captures both the colorful and the moody in our complicated city. I just spent a week sleeping with it and the longer I studied it, the more impressed I became. Richard has the skill and imagination to create drama and nuance. It continues to please. A nice piece of work (sort of like its creator).

12:37 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

It's good to have a definitive reaction from you; especially since it's sort-of a legacy item. I'm sure Mr. Ferrugio will be as relieved as I am. I am currently contemplating various framing alternatives.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It gives me great pleasure to know that you are enjoying this piece...

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

Have you had this piece framed yet?

10:14 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

Yes, I put it in a frame called a "floater" which means the art appears suspended, separating the canvas from the moulding. This type of frame is really good for "gallery wrap" canvases where the painting includes the sides. I chose a pewter finish which accents the apparent moonscape of the painting itself.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home