peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Once Upon a...

Posts like this one are basically why I dropped out of Facebook.

My new mattress is notable only because I have been sleeping on a futon since, I'm pretty sure, 1971.  No, not the same one, but a string of them over the years and I was always the butt of jokes, awe and, sometimes maybe, admiration.  I truly believe they helped with genetic lower-back problems but now, once I decided it was time for a new mattress, there are more options of standard brands and, it seems like, limitless choices as to firmness, materials and looks.  Right now there seems to be a price war among the vendors of this most necessary of sleep aids and I think I've taken advantage of  sale offers that transcend the ordinary.  The marketing ploy that sent me over the edge was Mattress Firm, who screamed "76% OFF" in their television ads and store windows.  Since everybody else whispered "75% OFF" how could I go wrong?

It's a Sealy Posturepedic Ashlin 9.75" Firm Mattress and my first night was fine and I didn't fall out of bed and it didn't fall on me so, hey, so far so good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

Hurrah, you are finally giving your poor genetically inspired lower back a break! I think the historical reaction to the slab on which you were sleeping was incredulous disbelief. The upside, of course, was that nobody EVER wanted to take over your bed for even a night. Glad you're surviving the transition and wish you many fabulous nights on a slightly more forgiving surface.

9:43 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I'm not sure I appreciate the implication that no one wants to share my bed. Also, travelers beware, the mattress looks inviting upon first glance but the key word in its description is "Firm." Pumas in the Rockies would want to sun themselves upon its ungiving flatness.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home