peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Message to LeBron

When Michael Jordan retired my worship of an individual sports figure went on hiatus.  Until, that is, LeBron James came along.  LJ is still my main man and, yes, I bought his Miami Heat jersey early on in his career and was fairly appalled when I moved to Florida and he moved to Cleveland without consulting me.  But he won my heart again when he took a totally talent-depleted Cavalier team to the finals in his first year there.  And, although it was LJ’s special prowess that certainly took them to the finals in the first place, it also served to introduce me to the eventual winners; the Golden State Warriors and, of, course, Stephen Curry.
 
Two or three weeks ago I saw a pre-game interview with Curry and he was cool and personable, which was nice, but I was also taken by what I thought was a rather handsome warm-up t-shirt he was wearing.  So, as any fan would understand, I went on-line and bought the shirt.  It is telling that I bought a Golden State Warriors’ shirt but, pay attention; it does not have Steph Curry’s name or number on it.  Don’t get me wrong, like everybody else, I’m warm to him but don’t worry, LeBron, I’ve got your back.  And your jersey.  Your jersey; not your t-shirt.  Now that’s sustainable loyalty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home