peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, August 01, 2015

Year one

One year ago today we pulled into my new parking space at my new apartment and I took up residence in my new state of mind, heart and physical persona; Ft. Lauderdale, Florida being its name.  After a long, grueling (and unsettling) year of wrapping up big city life we hit the pavement in low-to-high gear and, after a long, semi-grueling drive down I-95 from Brooklyn (and after arriving in the middle of a blinding tropical storm and being forced off the highway and into a less-than-perfect Days Inn) it had come to this: a second floor condo rental overlooking a really nice pool area with coconut palms (with real coconuts at eye level) four feet from my front door.  An amazing friend had gotten the apartment into pristine shape prior to our arrival and all we had to do was shop for victuals and jump in the pool.  This coffee cup will forever be the perfect memento of that blessed moment.  A year, 365 days, has flown by and year two starts today with another count-down.  I plan on unpacking the rest of the boxes really soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brian said...

Impressive! Who knew you're a man of many talents and a blogger as well!

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home