peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, August 09, 2010

If I was on Facebook (2)...with exclamation points

1. While conscientiously struggling through Judge Vaughn R. Walker’s ruling on California’s Proposition 8, the following partial sentence struck me as the most relevant and succinct statement of logical thought I’ve seen in many a moon: “The Constitution cannot control private biases, but neither can it tolerate them…” You GO, Judge!

2. Elena Kagan: Welcome to the Supreme Court!

3. Charles Rangel: You’re 80 and have served 20 terms! You’re ethics have rightfully been called into question! Please retire!

4. Although using a cliché is certainly not absent from my own jabbering, I am really tired of reading the words “slippery slope” in every goddamn Op Ed piece, if not in practically every story in the newspaper regardless of topic. It now tops my list of pet peeves, along with “That said…” at the beginning of a second paragraph and “It goes without saying;” immediately followed by saying it. I’ve given up on people who say, or write, “I can’t wait…,” when, of course, they can!

5. I’m thinking of moving to Metropolis, Illinois just so I can walk by this statue every day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home