peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer chill

I just made my second batch of sangria using a mix I bought from Williams Sonoma. I use the basic recipe on the bottle with a couple of enhancements; namely a couple of shots of Triple Sec and a lot of sliced fresh strawberries. I will nurse this along for the next two days until the strawberries are thoroughly infused, then slice one lime and one small orange and float them on the top. Served over a generous amount of ice (to get maximum chill) it is the absolute best hot-weather drink, liquor-wise, on my particular planet. Unfortunately, the WS sangria mix is seasonal even though I, for one, would buy it all year ‘round. But, for now, here’s to a great summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home