peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mangos from heaven

This is the mango tree across the street from my apartment.  It’s huge and, although hard to perceive in this photo, there are hundreds of mangos ripening rapidly on its branches.  It’s pretty spectacular as far as fruit trees go and no doubt a boon for the raccoon population in my neighborhood.  At least the raccoons who like mangos, which I suppose they must.  I wish I liked them better.  Mangos I mean.  I like raccoons okay.  They are cute when they are kittens (could that be right?) and probably edible but they are pretty ferocious when they are sitting atop the recycle bin, frustrated they can’t get inside and mad at me for noticing.

Update 5/18/2014:  About 3:30 this afternoon the neighborhood was aroar with chain saws and woodchippers.  So much for anticipating a free mango smoothie in the near future.  The raccoons, squirrels, lizards and untold insect species are probably as disappointed as I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home