peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Don't text while serving

Becoming a spokesperson for any kind of good works is problematic.  I was reminded of this when I noticed my waiter at California Pizza Kitchen had one of his thumbnails painted bright red.  Upon inquiry he told me it was to draw attention to a campaign to discourage texting while driving.  I Goggled it when I got home and, sure enough, it is a real thing.  It’s called #Red Thumb Reminder (yes, it’s a hashtag) and the next time I went to the drugstore I even took the first step in participating by looking at the nail polish displayed at my local CVS.  Right then and there I decided I would beg off because there are too many choices.

I’m sure it’s a good thing but is it worth it to set one’s self up for the question it engenders?  Ken, my waiter, must have thought so.  It certainly worked on me, meaning it made me aware of the movement but I text so rarely anyway and never while driving.  I certainly don’t need the distraction of having my red-painted thumb flashing before my eyes.  I actually think there should be some sort of signal to remind a person that he or she should never text, drive or wait on a table in a restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home