peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Flip Flops Ahoy!

I don’t usually shop at Old Navy stores but when I need flip flops they are my go-to source.  Even in NYC I would make the trip into Manhattan when my array of flip flops began to show signs of wear.  By “array” I mean two pairs since that is about the number I wear out over a one year (or more) period.  Now that I live in Florida I am finding I’m splitting my toes with flip flops almost every day and as a consequence they are fading faster than I’m used to.  So I drove over to the Old Navy Store here in Ft. Lauderdale and bought three pairs and although they were cheap at the normal retail price they were a highly satisfactory bargain with the storewide sale on that particular Thursday (the flip flops were 30% off).  I don’t think flip flops need to be fancy.  They are the most basic of utilitarian footwear and they don’t need sequins or any other decorative additives to schlepp around the house in or even out and about.  The choice of colors is pretty phenomenal and the display wall is a sight to behold.  Kudos to the display person.  And kudos to Old Navy for appealing to even old army codgers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home