peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Mayhem in Paris

It's been quite a while since I posted anything on here.  It's mainly because I was getting fed up with how trivial and self-important my blog was looking (to me).  However, recent events in Paris are so dismaying to even the most trivial (and self-important) blogger I had to say something and that statement is pointing out how politically correct and self-censoring the American media has been about not publishing or showing the cartoons that ostensibly denigrate the Muslim faith and from which religious fanatics have used as an excuse to murder people.

This afternoon, on Ronan Farrow's show on MSNBC, he was interviewing a past employee of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and she casually held up to the camera a rendering of one of their cartoons and, for god's sake, the powers-that-be at MSNBC blurred-out the image!  This was so outrageous to me that I ran right over here to my little stupid, personal forum to express my, well, outrage.  The cartoon she held up was, supposedly, funny and frankly I would have loved to be the judge of that.  So, of course (you read my mind), I Googled the afternoon away looking for it without success.  What I did find was the cover of the current issue of Charlie Hebdo that is scheduled to be released in France at midnight tonight.  Enough said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home