peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

All that glisters...

At the risk of encouraging a trend I'm denying this blog entry every happened:

A couple of weeks ago I joined a friend of mine for coffee and a cronut on DeKalb Ave. in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn.  Afterwards, just as we were parting company, we heard some sniggering from passersby who were looking back as they passed.  I like a good snigger so I looked that way myself and saw splashes of gold paint on the sidewalk.  Upon closer inspection it proved to be dog turds that had been spray-painted gold.  My companion was familiar with the phenomenon and it turns out there is some dude in Bushwick who has, over a span of months, made this his contribution to the world of artistic creativity (canine-inspired division).  Right now he is the Bansky of the dog shit world and thus unidentified because he does his doo doo work in the wee hours of the night.  Upon further investigation it has come to light that he is only now appearing on the radar of the hip and with-it because there is now a rip-off dude who is also doing the deed, except with gold glitter spray-paint.  Why this blog is not really happening is that I don’t want it to go any further.  There are too many copycats out there and there are too many different colors of spray paint available.  But wait, thinking on it, maybe the coolest “art” would be to spray it brown.  Now that would be a statement.

Anyway, you didn’t hear any of this from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home