peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, September 06, 2013

How much is that hype innuendo?

There are five versions of this 10-foot, mirror-polished, stainless-steel sculpture conceived by Jeff Koons.  Remember, they were “conceived” by Mr. Koons, who didn’t get his hands even a little bit dirty in the actual manufacturing of them.  I think with implied ridicule (at least I like to think how cool that would be) the New York Times listed the owners as Steven A. Cohen (yellow), Eli Broad (blue), Francois Pinault (magenta), Dakis Jonnou (red) and Peter M. Brant (orange).  According to Christie’s they are worth $35 to $55 million and Mr. Brant’s will be on their shopping block in November.  I don’t know about you but that would take most, if not all, of the change I have thrown into my desk drawer (I really do need to bag that up and take it to the bank).
 
I must admit I am sometimes beguiled by whimsy so I guess what I’m complaining about here is that, although the Beanie Baby craze drove me nuts, they were at least affordable.  I always feel ripped-off when I look at Koons’s stuff, even if it is adorable.
----------------------------------------------------
Update Nov. 13, 2013:  It sold for $58.4 million.  Doink!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home