peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, July 12, 2013

2011 Maximin Grunhauser Mosel Riesling


I don’t know what it is about this Riesling.  It just hits my gut perfectly both with food and straight out of the bottle (well, I don’t really guzzle wine that way but I would with this one if no other container was available).  It’s fruity and a little too mellow and with a bouquet that might make you sneeze but it’s my current choice for casual sipping.

I’m almost certain my high regard has to do with personal nostalgia since Mosel Riesling was my first introduction to “real” wine early in my personal career as a human being.  Prior to this I had only been subjected to the dregs of Gallo from the San Joaquin Valley in California.  Who knew from Napa or Sonoma wines in those days?  The fact my first sip took place in a castle on a steep hillside high above the Mosel River in Germany might have something to do with this positive sense-memory.

Other folks seemed to have discovered this wine and the bottle I have currently stashed in my fridge cost $22 (plus tax) at the Juice Box Liquor Store around the corner.  Still affordable I guess but no longer the $8 to $12 price category I’ve been used to.

It goes great with meatloaf.


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home