peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Moth Attack

A couple of weeks ago I was in full bore stroll over in Prospect Park and saw a bunch of folks under a tree, looking up into its branches.  There were even a couple of young men standing on a bench to get a closer look at whatever it was.  Of further interest was the number of camera phones in play.  Of course, being human, I had to take a look and this photo is the result (forwarded to me by one of the kind observers).  It’s a Luna moth in full flame.  With a modicum of research I found they are not uncommon at this time of year but, hey, I was glad to be in its presence.  I also found out there is even a “National Moth Week” at the end of July.
 
The only clunker is when one of the dudes on the bench decided he wanted to see if it was alive and threw a stick at it.  He got what he wanted and it flitted away.  And so did we; with mixed feelings:  love the moth, murder the dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home