peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, May 21, 2012

Companion

Several months ago I saw this creature (from a bus) and had zero idea what it was. It was intriguing but looking into its origin slipped my mind (probably two blocks and five minutes later). Friday I found out it is a character named “Companion” and it is created by Brooklyn-artist Brian Donnelly who is known by his alias KAWS. Yet again I have not been paying attention, although I try, goodness knows I try, to the art world constantly swirling around me like so many red admiral flutterbys in my back yard. KAWS paints and sculpts and designs toys and is known worldwide for all of the above. He is so well known that Companion is scheduled to be a balloon in next years’ Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. It makes me wonder sometimes how I’m so out-of-it even though I watch SNL and read The NY Times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home