peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, May 21, 2012

Flutterby

Every year at about this time a species of butterfly named the red admiral flutters by on its annual spring migration from Central America to Canada. I’m happy to say my backyard usually attracts a select few but this year, for some reason I know not, they are arriving in profusion. My yard gets direct afternoon sun and it reflects dazzlingly off the red admirals’ coloring as they acrobatically swirl around the birdbath and plants/bushes/trees that I have purposely provided as backdrop. They also seem to like sunbathing on the brick walkway, nonchalantly waving their wings. Their visit doesn’t last all that long but, although small, it’s one of nature’s miracles I enjoy every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home