peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Impulse Buy

I probably wouldn’t have bought this bracelet normally but it had the added attraction of being a participatory creation. It’s from the TeNo Store on Spring St. in SoHo and you can certainly buy anything they have, as is, from the display cases. But I was drawn to the do-it-yourself bench with the containers filled with what seemed like infinite possibilities for combinations using ceramic beads, some with black steel elements, and fine black braided leather to string them on, not to mention a really cool and innovative stainless steel clasp. I’m a sucker for this kind of thing since I always like to get my own hands dirty at everything and this was no different. As the price of my accrued elements built up I became aware of my limitations. Not cheap, this here TeNo stuff, and I modified my design a bit just to prove I’m not totally financially nutso. But I saved maybe $50 by doing it myself and walked out of the store with it dangling from my left wrist, hence no delivery charge. I’m wearing it as we speak and I’m so subtly aware of it I keep glancing down to see what time it is. Oops, oh yeah, not a watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home