peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Candy Man

These are Red Dollars. Aside from corn syrup this candy is basically made up entirely of chemicals, including its color. It’s chewy (although “gummy” might be a better word); it’s a slightly bilious color; and it tastes like some kind of faux berry. The appearance of the thick quarter-inch disc is unpleasant to the eye, being the manufacturers’ name, Heide, arching over a weirdly designed dollar sign. It is also, unfortunately, super-addictive. I can’t seem to stop throwing them down my gaping gullet like a voracious buzzard chick gulping down road kill from the beak of its scavenging parent. Even after only two days I know this habit will be hard to break but my vow is to do so forthwith. Just as soon as I finish up every morsel out of the unattractive clear- plastic carton and can brush my teeth with something clinical and abrasive. A major flossing is also indicated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home