peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, August 20, 2007

Another bowling-related blog...sorry!

Three or four days ago I got my notice giving times and dates, etc. for my fall/winter bowling league. An addendum at the bottom exhorts us to “name” our team (instead of just being called “Team 10,” for instance). I spent a restless hour in bed that night, before sleep would come; wrestling with various options for my team with my busy brain buzzing like a box of bees. I thought of some cool names and knowing I would totally forget them I turned on the light and jotted down a few and then went back to bed. My sizzling synapses continued to snap and sputter, so I got up again. And then once more. I finally under-stood the problem. There are 26 teams in the league and I felt it my duty to not just name my own team, I needed to come up with all 26! What an idiot!

I tried not to use obvious words that actually reference the sport of bowling like The Strike Squad or Gutter Boys but the terms do tend to creep in and I was not entirely successful at avoiding them. Here’s what my restless, sleep deprived, brain came up with:

Alien Invasion
Artful Dodgers
Comfort Zone
Cry Uncle
Demon Spawn
Don’t Feed the Animals
Hold the Mustard
Hot Diggity Dawgs
Incredible Hulks
Kinky Boots
Lickity Splits
Love Handles
Love Monkeys
Marks Bros.
Puppy Dog Tails
Oxymorons
Slithy Toves
Spare Change
The Green Hornys
Three Deadly Sins
Triple Threats
Under the Rainbow
Where’s the Beef
Who’s Your Daddy
Wisteria Lane
Your Worst Nightmare

To go along with current social and contemporary usage you can substitute a “z” for every “s” as in Triple Threatz, Kinky Bootz, etc. This almost doubles the possibilities. Consider these suggestions as public domain; no origination credit need be acknowledged. You’re welcome.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Lickity Splits because
it's fun to say.

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home