peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cold Hollow Rules

A rhetorical question from a 92-year-old woman: “What do you give a 90-year-old for Christmas?” A statement from the spouse (95) of said woman: “You don’t give him green bananas!” Cue the laughter. The question was asked by my beloved neighbor and surrogate parental-unit who today received not one, not two, but three packages of edibles from various relatives, all in one day, via the now familiar stalwarts at UPS.

Although joking, the woman is absolutely right: Food and drink is always welcomed by the elderly and disposed of in the time-honored way. Luckily for me, part of this largesse is shared and, although approaching a definite codger-level myself and an obvious target to receive the tower-of-toffee from Harry & David, my preferred gifts are still jockey briefs and, if available, small Titians in their original frames.

Aside from fine art; fine cider is the best thing to have hit the front stoop recently and I am making short work of the gallon that came my way. From Cold Hollow Cider Mill in Vermont, it’s superb and one has to drink it right away or it goes bad. Zero chance of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home