peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Spartans! Tonight we dine in...uh

In January of 2006 I started Peebstuff, the blog, and this is the 300th entry. I didn’t bother whipping out the calculator so the math is probably a little faulty but this means that I have published in the neighborhood of 80 per year, which works out to about 1.2 a week. Of course entries are not on any sort of schedule but are based solely on any given daily or weekly inspiration and everyone knows that inspiration doesn’t grow on trees. Or, for that matter, fall off of trees this time of year, even though I’ve decided to forego the annual autumnal paean to the beauty of dying leaves, gasping for life as they flutter to earth; doomed to useless mulch on the paved pathways of Prospect Park. Heh heh.

To be sure, 300 is a minor landmark and patting myself on the back I’m not. It’s just a nice, round number with a couple of zeroes and nothing to be smug about. It’s not a great number; but not shameful either…maybe somewhere in between, and it continues to be a nice outlet for my restless brain, ego be damned. We’ll see how I feel when the next double-zero heaves into view.

3 Comments:

Anonymous b said...

I've read all of them...at 5 minutes per, it all adds up to more than an entire day out of my life.

Feels much longer, but 25 hours is not too much. Carry on.

:-)

11:59 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

well, I hope it's time well wasted...and that you are a better man for it. Just think of how many minutes, hours, days, and maybe weeks it took to write 'em!

1:06 PM  
Anonymous paul said...

B,
it takes me longer to get through the posts. you see, i need to pull out the old webster's every time..... ie. "annual autumnal paean"!!! now i ask, how many people can use paean in a sentence? Not i!!

It still makes for a most enjoyable read.

Paul

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home