peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Self Flag Elation

Since the wind seems to be gusting into the high double-digits right now I decided to bring in my Christmas flag to save it from whiplash. Yeah, I’m one of those people who displays a flag in the front yard, front stoop, or front window for all to see and, hopefully, to the appreciative titillation of passersby, both young and old. Not always seasonal, like now, but always colorful and decorative and sometimes silly and/or patriotic. The reason I do it is innocent I think (I hope) with no ulterior motive; it’s just that I like doing it. It makes me feel good and I’m always on the look out for the next new one.

This is my favorite holiday flag of all time and I mean it. This is my favorite of all of my holiday flags, not just the December ones. It’s cute and festive and has a nice blue background and, although it’s not perceived in the photo, there is a jingle-bell suspended in the middle of a circle cut out of the pompom at the tip of the hat. It jingles in high winds and even, sometimes, in low winds if the angle is right. It was this noise that drew my attention to the wildly flapping flag and its subsequent relegation to the safety of my living room. But only for the nonce. Fear not, I’ll get it back outside into its secure rack as soon as the current cyclone subsides. I so wanted to use the word “sirocco” there just for the alliteration but, for the moment, there ain’t one bit of warmth blowing around this old house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home