peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The calla lilies are in bloom again...

Although the hydrangea and the dahlias are starting to make an appearance, the current stars of my backyard are the calla lilies. I’ve never tried growing them before and I put the bulbs in the ground last year purely on spec. I totally forgot about doing so until I invaded their space this spring when planting more mundane ground cover and accidentally unearthed one of the bulbs, which had a nice root system already established. An oops-moment that is fairly common in gardening. Well, at least in mine. This photo doesn’t do them justice because the camera simply cannot capture the subtlety of color transitioning from porcelain-white at the base of the flower through a luminescent pink to an otherworldly magenta. I think I should start giving 25-cent mini-tours. What a bargain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home