peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, June 16, 2008

At my fingertips

This is my new bowling ball. It’s a 15 lb. TraXion Reactive 0.45 made by Ebonite in the U.S.A. U.S.A.! U.S.A.! I am trying a finger-tip grip (self explanatory) this summer in preparation for blowing away all competition in the fall. For those not privy to the details of my life in this particular gutter, I won the “Most Improved” bowler in my league this year, going from a 145 average to a 163 average over nine months. This sounds trivial I know and, well, maybe it is but it was an ego boost and also added a bit of moolah to the prize money. I’ve only bowled with this new ball for three nights now and have pretty much fallen flat on my face (not literally) but I’m getting the hang of the insane hook a finger-tip ball creates. Although I’m not doing very well (yet) I love my new ball because of its potential and well, yes, just because it’s pretty. I know this subject is way high (or low) on the boredom-meter so I promise I won’t give bowling updates herein unless something spectacular happens to merit inclusion. In the meantime, I love my beautiful new blue ball!

Update Thursday June 19, 2008: tonight I bowled a 602 series (159, 223,220) which is the highest series of my entire LIFE! Well, it meant a lot to ME and I give my beautiful new blue ball full credit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home