peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

An Impressive Erection at Rock Center

Do you remember the scene in the first Jurassic Park movie when Laura Dern orgasmically plunged her arms up to her pits in that very impressive pile of Triceratops dung? I somewhat feel the same way about this new piece of “public art” that has been erected at the 5th Avenue entrance to the Channel Gardens in Rockefeller Center. I mean practically anything can be impressive if it’s piled high enough.

Designed by Chris Burdon (mostly known for artistically inflicting pain upon himself), “erected” is the right word. Named “What My Dad Gave Me,” it consists of a million, or so, replicas of Erector Set pieces and stands 65-feet high and deliberately mirrors the Rock Center building at the other end of the Channel.

Although impressive, it reminds me that as a child I was never a part of the Erector Set set, preferring the much more tactile friendliness of Tinker Toys. Now there is something I would like to see; I mean an orgasmic pile of Tinker Toys. I could appreciatively plunge my pits into that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tinker Toys are so gay.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home