peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

Time Flits

Tempus do fugit, do it not? I tentatively started this blog last January and here we are still (that would be the royal we), 12 months later, chugging along in relative quiet, albeit occasionally hollering at daily headlines. I suppose I should try to conjure up some new thoughts (and inspirational material) and not hark back to the old ones of ’06. Old thoughts are like the leftovers in my fridge…forgotten but not gone.

Most of my attention of late has been directed toward Ismael, a best bud in Quincy, MA, who is currently taking the high road against the dreaded big C, including a daily blog iterating his progress. His blog has certainly trumped mine, big time, but I understand it is serving a higher purpose; that is, it relieves him of having to convey the same current events a hundredfold. This man captured my heart many years ago and he never let go and, as he says, well, get over it…blah blah blah.

Don’t tell him I said so but I love him and would gladly rent one of my own lungs to him if we could work out a deal that would benefit us both. He’s a lusty Puerto Rican dude so maybe we could trade a lung for a testicle. If he threw in a home-knitted sweater and maybe a hat (I know socks are out of the question) it’s something I might consider.

4 Comments:

Blogger mima said...

and once agin you make me cry... love you right back you bastard curmudgeon.

and as always, thanks for the help with spelling

hugs kisses and a big smooch

mima

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and once again you make me cry...love you right back you bastard curmudgeon.

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One curmudgeon lung for one PR testicle? I have trouble picturing a deal that would benefit you both though the swap possibilities have provided extraordinaty amusement.

Would that make Mima my real brother instead of my adopted brother? Oh, sorry, I forgot for a minute that this isn't about me.

Jessie

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One curmudgeon lung for one PR testicle? I have trouble picturing a deal that would benefit you both though the swap possibilities have provided extraordinary amusement.

Would that make Mima my real brother instead of my adopted brother? Oh, sorry, I forgot for a minute that this isn't about me.

1:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home