peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

It's a Long Way To...

Ever tried growing a topiary? I’m only asking because I’m starting over with mine, having pretty much decided the one I’ve had for ten years is now biting the dust. It was horribly pot-bound and would have needed a lot of work to get it back up to snuff, so I took the path of least resistance and dumped it. Fortunately, because of our recent unseasonable weather I’ve been able to take innumerable decent clippings from the ivy I have growing madly in the backyard; also for a decade. The cuttings are now in a water-filled vase and as they take root I will transfer them to the freshly prepared pot in my front window. The empty topiary trellis itself is sort of a décor statement and its starkness adds a pleasing touch amid the flourishing flora I already have at that end of my living room. The only reason I’m bringing up this subject actually is that my yard full of ivy was originally propagated from clippings taken from this topiary. In one of my darkest spaces I’m thinking this is a tad incestuous; but that’s just me.

1 Comments:

Blogger mima said...

Incestuous or not, it makes for a great X-Mas tree

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home