peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, May 23, 2014

King James

Although I claim that I’m a sports fan I have to admit that I am pretty much a fair-weather athletic supporter.  During any one year I keep track of favorite teams in various sports but there is no fire in my heart until the end of any given season when the competition starts getting fierce and the cream has risen to the top.  This is when important plays really count; when records are set and individuals and teams make history or, the reverse, fall into infamy.

I am very fond of Derek Jeter but LeBron James is my hero for all seasons.  He is, and this is not debatable, the best basketball player in the world and, for gawd’s sakes, he seems to get better every year.  He’s only 29 and is at the peak of his health and talent and unless fickle fate decides otherwise (injury), he will dominate the basketball courts of the world for the next half-decade at the very least.  Michael Jordon was a phenomenal player but I think if the two of them were competing LeBron would be the winner.
I know you didn’t ask but, yes, I own a Lebron James Miami Heat basketball jersey and I’m proud to wear it.  If he elects to move to another team after this season (or next) it doesn’t matter to me; I’ll just order up another one in the new team’s colors.  I call that loyalty to the man, not the brand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home