peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Thursday, May 29, 2014

...and Prosper!

This thought is not original to me and I think I probably read it somewhere regarding the relative longevity of the human race.  With all the medical breakthroughs over the last century, or so, we have pretty much almost doubled our lifespans.  The quote that stuck with me is that it could be that children born today could live to be 150 years old.  I don’t think this is too far-fetched but might be stretching it a bit.  But a new thought (that is original to me) got placed in my brain by recent visitors who have a five year old daughter.  She was painfully shy and could hardly stand to look at me, but after their departure I had the thought that Jennifer could very possibly be around to experience the year 3000!  Of course you always have to consider what could befall anybody, meaning a major illness (most of which I think will be mostly under control in her lifetime) or accidents (or worse) which no one can predict.  In the year 3000 Jen will be 91 but I’m sure she won’t look a day over 65 and as lively and larky as she is now.  Happy New Year, cutie pie!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In the year 3000 Jen will be 91...." Are you sure you didn't mean in the year 2100? I'm pretty sure noone around today will live to see the year 3000 unless we can freeze 'em and thaw 'em out in 900 years?
Love, love, love your blog, John!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

Oh, jeez...of course I meant 2100; now I'm about to find out if anybody else reads my blog!

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why it says "Anonymous" on my post I have no idea? (Wayne here in New Hampshire).....and I don't give a hoot about who may, or may not, be reading your blog.....I love, Love, LOVE it!!!!! Thanks!

8:46 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I dunno why either; it's one of the needlessly complicated set-ups by BlogSpot; too many alternatives to choose from. But I appreciate your comment(s), anon or not. :-)

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home