peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

O' Ceramics!

My ceramic tree is up and running again.  I fixed the circuitry and installed new light bulbs (plastic) and it’s shining merrily in the basement window, which is at ground level and viewable by passersby.  It is so schlocky and, in some eyes, tasteless and pretty much represents a period of my life when the living was easy and the artistic persona I later developed hadn’t as yet, well, developed.  I hadn’t planned on unboxing it this year but somehow my better judgment gave in to my need to be “ironic” this holiday.  It’s like spending hundreds of dollars to have an ugly bullfight poster or an Elvis-on-velvet framed, and if the irony is misread by those passersby, well, so be it. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home