peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Shazam

Like every other All American boy who somehow made it into adulthood I have to admit I’ve always been a superhero fan.  Like every kid of my generation I not only loved them I became them in my dreams and fantasies.  I liked Superman and Captain Marvel (I said the word “Shazam” at least 10,000 times before I was twelve) and, for some strange reason I was intrigued by Plastic Man.  I loved it when the Pixar animated movie The Incredibles had both a big muscleman dad and a mom who had all of the talents of the Plastic Man of my youth.   Even through adulthood and into my dotage I still have a soft spot in my heart for comic book heroes even though my preferences still harken back to the originals.  For Halloween this year I’m wearing my Captain America socks and I will only show them to people who ask.  It’s not likely anybody will demand a look at my socks so I think my secret is safe.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jessie in SF said...

As long as you don't hitch up your cool suspenders too tight, your secret should be safe. Personally, I'm always entranced by a glimpse of a superpower in motion.

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home