peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, February 27, 2009

About-face on Facebook

I somehow lasted over three weeks on Facebook. I built up my “friends” list to 18 before the clutter got to be too much for me. Too many entries similar to “…is going to the cleaners to pick up my shirts” and I began to suspect Facebook was not my cuppa. It could be that I’m just too much of an egotist to like being just one more person on someone’s list of hundreds of “friends”…and, of course, the thousands represented exponentially. Or tens of thousands. Or more. I read that as of last week there are now 175 million people with Facebook accounts publishing the minutiae of their lives and as a result my infinitesimal self suffered accordingly. On Monday of this week I grandly hit the delete button and a weight lifted from my already sloping shoulders. I apologize to the 18 friends I once had (and the hundreds on the lists of their friends) but I’ll try to make it up to everyone the next time I go to the cleaners…by not telling them about it.

[Rather than increasing the size of the illustration to make it more readable, here's the dialogue. The man is thinking, "There are still some aspects of Facebook's terms of service that bother me..." and he is reading on his laptop, "You agree to waste precious and valuable time searching for new friends and also boring the daylights out of the friends you currently have with the most mundane details of your sad, sad life..." It is quoted/stolen from the pen of Jeff Koterba of the Omaha World-Herald, King Features Syndicate.]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'll hit the sack now, to dream perhaps of you or maybe pastrami on rye.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the new picture!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home