peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Belly up to the Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien

At the Holiday party for my Monday night bowling league there were a lot of donated door prizes; some fairly valuable. First prize was a bunch of money; second prize was a bottle of expensive champagne and somewhere down the line was this strange bottle of beer. Although I didn’t win it a teammate of mine did and he graciously gave it to me. It’s an Abbaye de Saint Bon-Chien from Switzerland; its alcohol content is 11% and it retails for $34.95 if you can even find it. My goodness, how classy! I guess you could say it’s the champagne of beers even though that would be weird. I did some cursory on-line research and the 2006 vintage, which this is, is evidently a beer aficionado’s idea of heaven: “Bracing and complex, with bright, refreshing, tart flavors of citrus, spice and sour fruits.” I’m almost afraid to drink it.

Update: February 20, 2009. Drank it. Good but nothing to write on your blog about. Maybe Facebook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home