peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, February 21, 2009

And the winner is...

Slumdog Millionaire! What a wonderful/horrible movie this is and the greatest indictment of a country I have ever seen. Pardon me while I strike the city of Mombai, and all of India in general, off my list to someday visit.

That country’s version of the television show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is the gloss on the dross of this movie but, for god’s sake, doesn’t anybody notice the squalor, the crime, the torture, the murder, the hypocrisy, the racism, the mayhem, the; the; the…well, I could go on and on.

When Slumdog starting winning a whole lot of awards in the past month or two I mostly thought well, how nice for India, but I hadn’t seen the movie yet. But now I have. Trust me, if it wins the Oscar for Best Picture tomorrow night, which it probably will, I will finally utilize the barf bag I always keep handy during this show. And then, to go along with the basic theme of the movie, I will auction it off on e-bay, and probably make a fortune.

Next stop, Darfur! Dancing genocide cannot be so distant in our movie-going future.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you watched any episode of The Sopranos? The crime, the torture, the murder, the hypocrisy, the racism, the mayhem...

You're going to let squalor freak you out? I think McMansions in Long Island or stretch limos are slimier.

SDM was fun and campy...but Oscar nominations? I don't get it.

8:38 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

I was forced to watch ONE episode of TS and that was at your house in Jersey City. Enough squalor to last a lifetime; but point taken.

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your opinions aren't mainstream, apparently, not that there was much competition for Original Song. Well, at least this year you SAW the Best Picture winner ahead of time.

Sis

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home