peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Rat Movie

Ratatouille is another amazing animation film from Pixar (Disney be damned). This is the first Pixar movie I’ve seen, I think (I’ve seen them all), where children are pretty much left out as a target audience. It’s long; it’s sometimes damn scary and, well, it’s about rats. Even worse, rats in a kitchen. As a species, rats are persona non grata in all venues, much less in places where food is prepared. Human beings, as a species, are pretty much conditioned to be totally skived-out by rats, rightfully connecting them with plague and pestilence and, no small caveat, really ugly tails. Mice can be cute; rats cannot, no matter how much they are anthropomorphized. I vote no on rats as heroes.

However, you have to give Pixar credit; the plot of the movie agrees that kitchens are no place for this particular animal; at least those with establishments with five stars (they seem to be more acceptable in small French bistros). I am just thankful there was no rodent love interest to further shock the senses.

I loved the movie but I pretty much felt the same way about Pixar’s Cars. Cars is a great movie; but it’s about, well, cars. Ratatouille is a great movie. But it’s about rats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home