peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Thursday, June 14, 2007

I Loves Me Them Tony Awards

I guess I should say something about the Tony Awards since I’m pretty much locked into my love for theater in general and Broadway in particular. If you’re not, well, just skip along my pretty. It’s seems to be de rigueur to scoff at the Tony Awards show as being long and boring but, frankly, I always enjoy it. I’ve usually seen enough of the nominees to keep it interesting for me and I always have my favorites. I didn’t see either the Play (The Coast of Utopia) or the Musical (Spring Awakening) that won their categories but I’m sure they deserved the accolades. The only negative I have right now is that I’m still of the opinion that Raul Esparza was robbed for Best Actor in a Musical but I’m slightly mollified in thinking that the winner in that category, David Hyde Pierce, thought so too. Poor Raul…now but a footnote in the history of the Tony Awards. Maybe his next role will be the charm if, that is, he can land a television show to give him name recognition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home