peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It's Curtains for you, my pretty (tourist)

Curtains (with a capital “C” for cliché) is a big, boisterous, noisy, middle-of-the-road Broadway musical crowd-pleaser with good singing of mediocre songs and fabulous dancing and a plot that is totally meaningless. In other words, it’s perfect tourist fodder for the summer of 2007 with a television star (David Hyde Pierce from Frazier) to give it recognition wallop. There is enough of a tourist in me to appreciate the effort, and I did like those incredible only-in-New-York hoofers in the big production numbers.

It was an enjoyable evening but the intellectual snob in me makes me glad I have that little piece of my brain that got theatrically fried seeing Journey’s End last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home