peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Friday, June 15, 2007

Sea Food on the Rocks!

The honeymoon and marriage is over between me and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. When I started realizing that Pirates 3 seemed to be running really a long time and I began focusing on the air conditioning (damn, who knew I'd need a sweatshirt?) rather than the screen I knew that, now, our divorce is probably final, raisinettes be damned. Of course, Pirates 3 leaves some unanswered questions as to the fates of the lead characters and I'm sure the scripts for Pirates 4, 5 and 6 are well along on several cross-referenced disks. I wish I cared. Aside from some really stunning visuals, Pirates 3 just left me cold and stunned with a surfeit of incomprehensible plot turns and jump shots.

The calamari-faced Davy Jones from Pirates 2 was a favorite again and two consecutive eyepopping special effects with the Black Pearl (Jack Sparrow's pirate ship) stranded on a snow-like desert and then surfing down an incredible sandcrab dune were visual killerdillers; definitely worth the price of admission (okay, okay, get over it...it was a senior matinee).

But, again, it's heave ho 'tween me and those slimy creatures of the deep...both the two-footed flesh-and-blood kind and, well, the slimy creatures of the deep. So avast, me hearties, charge a round of rum and Pepsi (diet lime) to me blog...no ice please, and hold the rum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home