peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Da Vinci Edoc

So, hey, I’m not immune to hype which is why I read The Da Vinci Code in the first place and why I also took in the movie this week. I usually see movies for the wrong reason anyway, mainly to avoid the rain and commute-traffic after work, and those showings at 6:00 p.m., or so, pretty much guarantee a good seat; especially after the first weekend of opening. Anyway, it was still raining when I left the theater but I did avoid traffic…unfortunately, what I didn’t avoid was The Da Vinci Code. At first it was interesting and complicated, which I liked, and trashes the Catholic religion nicely, which always tickles me, so I had high hopes. However, Tom Hanks pretty much walks through his role (albeit doing some very strenuous running now and then) and the female lead has nice eyes but not much behind them. There is zero chemistry between her and Mr. Hanks. Ian McKellan is fantastic and almost worth the price of the movie (senior rate). A friend of mine from Quincy, MA who usually goes by the name of Paul asked me for a critique using a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest accolade. Pegging a number is sure a simple way to write a review, huh? So forget everything I just said, okay? I give it a 4, but only because of Sir Ian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home