peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Alone With Tom

After work one night this week I saw Mission Impossible III in a cavernous theater at my local suburban multiplex. There were five people in the audience; the other four were situated behind me so it was akin to having the place to myself. Even with a couple of laughably glaring plot holes I did enjoy the movie. There’s lots of really cool gratuitous violence; some of it too fast and therefore incomprehensibly blinding but adrenaline-pumping nonetheless. But it’s yet another example of boys-with-computers not knowing when too much is enough. Philip Seymour Hoffman is impressively evil and very matter of fact and convincingly straightforward about it; his character’s childhood must have been a real mess. For some reason I was very aware of everybody’s teeth, I suppose because the screen was so big and I was so up-close and alone with them. Despite what you might think from all the coverage of every facet of his existence, Tom Cruise does not have perfect teeth; everything is slightly skewed to one side so he has an eye-tooth really, right in the middle. Don’t get me started with Lawrence Fishburne. There’s a man with orthodontia probs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ronnie Larsen said...

who is in that picture?

2:08 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

Well, it ain't Brad Pitt!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home