peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What If?

I think we’ve all played the “what if?” game with the lottery: New car; new house; charitable giving, etc. Certainly a sudden influx of unlimited funds would open a lot of windows looking out on a lot of dreams.

But another “what if?” has entered my consciousness recently through a television commercial that, every time I see it makes me think not what if, but “who would I?” If I won the contest to take ten people to the Super Bowl, who would I take? This might be harder than “what if” I won a million dollars. In that case, one thing I would not do would be to take ten people to the Super Bowl.

First of all I don’t think I know ten people who would want to go! Maybe three or four would do it just to do it even though they really have zero interest in football. And if the Super Bowl was being held in, say, San Francisco (or Paris) I would have no end of takers just because it would be geographically attractive but, sorry, this year’s Super Bowl is in Indianapolis. I’m sure it’s a very nice city and has several nice restaurants and our hotel room(s) would be, well, nice but even as hyped as the Super Bowl is, it’s just another football game for a lot of people and not even on the radar as anything special for some of my friends and/or family.

The Super Bowl is not actually on my own bucket list but I would probably go if I won a ticket, or ten, even to Indiana. I do watch a lot of football and I have some favorite teams I’d like to see in the flesh or, at least, in their shiny, tight uniforms (am I revealing too much with that statement?). Anyway, through no effort on my part, I’m entered in this contest so if anybody would consider going please make yourself known to me. When the arboretum calls I don’t want to be caught with my plants down.

Now if I could take ten people to see The Book of Mormon on Broadway I would have another problem altogether. So how do I enter that contest?








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home