peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Stamps, approval of

On Aug. 19 the United States Postal Service released stamps commemorating five Pixar animated features; and I say bully for them. They are, in alphabetical order: Cars, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Up and WALL-E. Unless the USPS gets on the stick immediately, and I mean NOW, and release the next five my disappointment, on a scale of one to ten, wouldn’t cover it. My three favorite Pixar’s are, in alphabetical order: Finding Nemo, Monster’s Inc. (“Kitty!”) and The Incredibles. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the five already honored but I still want to know just who those people are who sat around that table-of-decision(s) and made the choices.

Further to this, who decided what to depict on each one? This would, of course, be an artistic decision and therefore none of my business but as to the stamps themselves, is it totally a marketing decision? That is, the latest movies spread the lard at a higher level (even though, in my opinion, not all that fairly) to maximize profits?

Fear not, I have an insider on the hunt for answers. He/she had better provide some soon; the hell-to-pay meter is running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home