peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Grater Love

This is my new coffee grinder. It is a C-Mill Electrical by “bodum.” It is French in origin and I think its design elements are exceptionally pleasing to the eye.

My sis and I agreed not to exchange presents this holiday so she labeled it a “host” gift because I’ve agreed to provide her with a sleeping venue for a few days. She also gave me some semi-exotic coffee beans (Blue Bottle is the brand name) and since my old grater recently developed a crack in its exterior this new one was fortuitous in its timing. I’ve already used it to grind up some freshly roasted beans to make one excellent pot of coffee.

This is a cheese grater and/or lemon zester that I gave my sister, not for Christmas (even though it was brightly wrapped, including a bow) but only because she has agreed to use my spare bedroom for a few days this holiday. Maybe her son will give her some cheese or some lemons.

Oddly enough this “Pylone” grater is also French in origin. C’est la plume de ma tante!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home