peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Peebs Overwhelmed by Women on B-Day

On Sunday, October 21, 2007, approxi-mately 19,500 women came to my birthday party, every one of them was covered with dried sweat and smelled like swine; but it was fantastic and maybe the best birthday of my long career of having them.

Reportedly there were also 500 men but I never saw, or caught a whiff of, any of them. Well, that’s not exactly true; there were seven or eight sitting at my table (let’s see: John, Garrett, Dan, Torbin and Rusty) and they seemed to have mostly controlled their manly effluvium with some external application of various substances that camouflaged their testosteronic emissions. This could also be due to the fact that they didn’t run in the Nike-sponsored women’s marathon that had just culminated right outside of the restaurant (the afore-mentioned Park Chalet…see blog below) where we were dining in nouveau-California style, as in Stylish…with a capital “S.”

The eight or nine women at the table (Amy, Trish, Jessie, Nan, Karen, Susan and Martha) were also in fine spirits, fettle, and casual finery. In my eyes they were, and are, the most beautiful women in the world. I was pleased, impressed and moved that they all attended (men and women), braved the marathon-muddled traffic, and enjoyed the wonderful restaurant, glorious weather and awe-inspiring cake. These people are 20 or 30 of my favorite people. Although Tom and Susannah were notably missing, 2007 could have been my best birthday ever! Approx-imately 19,516 women (and seven or eight men) made it so!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

…you really do write a great blog...and I feel...well, honored, to be included among your favorite folk. Likewise to you.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for having a birthday-
thanks for having a party-
thanks for letting us join in all the fun-
love,

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We keep congratulating ourselves on the success of that day. I've heard from everyone what a great time it was.

I don't know the bakery name -- it's a section of a new store off Oak Street, an incredible place that has lots of exotic stuff and a fabulous prepared food section. It was a Martha/Susan discovery. I might actually have taken you there but I didn't want to spoil the cake surprise. The marvel to me is how they figured out how to cut and serve it at Park Chalet. I wouldn't have known where to start.

2:05 PM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

Informed sources advise the cake provider was DeLessio Market & Bakery; 1695 Market St. Yummmm...

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right back at ya!! What a fun time!
Trish

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home