peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Monday, September 11, 2006

Wedding Bliss

I’m off to San Francisco tomorrow to attend my nephew’s wedding. They are actually getting married on the front lawn of Blackberry Farm in Bolinas, a small hamlet on the coast about 40 miles north of SF. The reception will be on the back lawn. There is a collection of exotic chickens roaming around. And a couple of horses. It’s rural and idyllic. That old she-witch, Lady Fog, is possible but hopefully an absentee guest, de lawd be praised.

This is my nephew and his fiancé. Aren't they cute? They are both now in their 30’s and have been friends and enemies and companions and maybe bank robbers since high school. Hopefully the glue of this history will take them well into their 40’s. If either of them objects to this blog or this photo I will remove it forthwith. In the meantime, depending on how busy they are (and I imagine they are pretty busy) and visiting this blog is certainly way low in their priorities, please feel free to convey good wishes before any veto is lodged.

This wedding is a big deal in my family; especially for my sister (mother of the groom, otherwise known as MOTG) who is, as we speak, basically flipping out with excitement, but (of course) in a constructive way. She is in charge of the floral décor and, it seems, the porta-potties. Insert joke here about aromatic juxtaposition(s).

I’ll see if I can get an appropriate photo on here, fit for human consumption, in the near future. No chickens, but no promises either.

1 Comments:

Blogger mima said...

Please send the happy couple our best wishes. Make sure to kiss the MOTG for me, she must be so proud! I want to see pics of the MOTG outfit too!

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home