peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Hyundai Boo Boo

See, I own this Hyundai Elantra that has been my relied-upon vehicle since 2003. I have an affection for it (I even named it…Attila, if you must know) because it has been reliable and fairly glitch-free and I’ve taken care of it with the proper tune-ups and oil changes and several sets of new tires, etc. But now it seems I own the only 2003 Elantra in the whole world that totally mystifies every mechanic in the whole world because there is absolutely nothing wrong with the car, yet the Check Engine light will not go off.

I can live with the light, however the grand old state of New York requires an annual safety inspection and mine was due in December. But the Catch 22 is that an inspection sticker cannot be issued if the check engine light is on. Having nothing wrong with the car is not the issue; having something wrong with the check engine light is. The solution, so far, is that I have to go to the dealer and get a certificate from them telling the minions of the law that it’s okay I don’t have an up-to-date inspection sticker. How can this be?

Again, the question is how can I be the only owner of this particular year of this particular car that has this problem? Surely, somewhere in the world, this has happened before! I know, I know, don’t call you Shirley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home