peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

snap, fizz, gulp, burp, ahhh

I have it on semi-good authority that my favorite soft drink is back on the market, even though it’s not at my local market. My friend Earl in Florida has assured me, perhaps a bit pompously, that's it's true. That would be Decaffeinated Diet Pepsi Lime. Since it seemed to have disappeared, at least from my ken, I have gone so far as to buy Decaffeinated Diet Pepsi and laced it with Real Lime Concentrate, which pretty much creates the same flavor and effect. My next best choice has changed a bit since I discovered
Canada Dry’s Diet Decaffeinated Green Tea Ginger Ale, which is readily available locally and is pleasing to the eye. Prior to that I was a fan of CD’s Diet Cranberry Ginger Ale but it has fallen to third in my pantheon of saccharine influenced libations since its color is reminiscent of a low grade of gasoline. Sometimes, you know, the visual is as important as pleasing the palate.
There has been much hoopla about how diet beverages are just about as dangerous for one’s health as the real stuff but I’m not influenced by good advice a lot. I don’t eat candy all that much but what’s life without a Snicker’s once in a while? I guess they are bad for you but they’re really Snickerlicious.

Happy Birthday, JessCat...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Earl said...

Just to make things clear, the Diet Lime Pepsi available in selected locations in SW Florida is Pepsi MAX Zero with a Hint of Lime.

10:50 AM  
Blogger peebstuff said...

It will obviously need a thorough oral stimulus test before purchase in any quantity.

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home