peebstuff

Blogging, as a way of life, seems to be bowing to the inevitability of Facebook and Twitter!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, United States

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

BB&B & Me

I do like Bed, Bath & Beyond, don’t you? Perfect in-house display marketing and I always spend more time and money than planned just because I’m dazzled by all the choices. Friday’s visit was to buy a new toaster. My old one bit the dust on Thursday and, even though you can only do one thing with it (make toast) I don’t really know how anyone can survive without one. Like all other appliances there are way too many brands and types and capacities to choose from but for this particular purchase I was drawn to KitchenAid’s two-slice toaster (in white). There were other brands just as hand- some but this one has a bagel button. Yes, a special setting for toasting bagels. As it turns out it only warms the outside while toasting the sliced side; truly an amazingly simple invention. It must have been designed by some east coast-reared, probably Jewish, mechanical genius who grew up with his/her bagels getting browned on one side only, under the broiler. Whoever did it, I thank you and/or mazel tov. Yes, I bought other stuff: a bathmat; two vinyl table cloths for the back porch; a scented candle; a veggie peeler and how could I resist that little box of gourmet tic tacs at the checkout counter? So I spent $50 more than planned; BB&B marketing should be proud.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Old Navy is right next door and they were having a sale on flipflops…curses; hard to pass up!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never understood the whole bagel toasting on only one side; I prefer it toasted on both. But, congrats on the toaster.

iml

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home